(via VIMA MODEL AWARDS)
Award winning International electro-pop artist Ze Rebelle is the first recipient of the VIMA MODEL AWARDS 2016 FASHION ICON OF THE YEAR award.
Ze, who is no stranger to the Malaysian music and fashion scene, has been making waves all over the world, and will be receiving her award at the upcoming VIMA AWARDS NIGHT. As a tribute to her unique, often outrageous and zany fashion sense, VIMA MODEL AWARDS has dedicated a whole photo album to her.
It can be viewed here : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…
Here's her exclusive interview with VIMA MODEL AWARDS:
1. How does it feel to be the first ever recipient of the VIMA MODEL AWARDS FASHION ICON OF THE YEAR
FABULOUS! Thanks VIMA !
2. Do you have any influencers when you dress up n go on stage? Or are you just You?
A bit of both. Everybody's influenced by something surely, nothing exists in a vacuum. Not in this dimension anyway. I do put a lot of thought into what I wear on stage. And i think its always a combination of my mood at the time with things that I love. My mood affects my outfits and my outfits affect my mood too ! Its the beautiful cycle of life!
3. Who inspires you in the fashion world and why?
Betsey Johnson. I love her ! She's hard not to love anyway, she's ultra girly yet at the same time kicks ass. She's a 70-year-old grandmother who still cartwheels in her pink tutu at the end of her fashion shows. I've seen interviews of her where she just makes an entrance by rollerskating and totally changing the entire vibe of the show with her fabulousness! All this is why i love her, she dares to be herself and wear whatever she wants !
4. Who is your favorite international or local model
Putting aside her craziness for a second here, Naomi Campbell. She's gorgeous and doesnt seem to age. When I was a teenager, I hated my skin colour and got super upset by this one day and my mom said "You know Naomi Campbell? She's brown just like you and look at her ! She's one of the most beautiful girls in the world!" Then I stopped crying.
5. Which fashion from the past wpuld you like to see become a worldwide trend in 2016?
The roaring 20s ! So ultra glam and even the men took time to dress up.
6. Do you have a favorite local designer? Who and why
Not really. I do like the guys at Lah Lah Land tho, not sure if they have their own designs? They totally should !
7. If there is any advise you could impart to the contestants of the VIMA MODEL AWARDS, what will it be?
Wear what you want and do what you want ! The stage is yours :)
#VIMA #model #awards #fashion #neon #glam #malaysia